Clips from Lux Interior's 1984 Purple Knif radio show feature throughout the programme. Guest Art Garfunkel unfortunately couldn't make it, but Jarvis still shares related facts and tracks, and reads the poetic sleevenotes from Garfunkel's retrospective new record The Singer. Today is both National Apple Day and International Day of the Nacho: could the two be combined? The Peel G is Gallon Drunk. Sheffield's Site Gallery has an exhibition by Pilvi Takala — there's audio from one of her films, a Finnish professional poker player describing his life in Bangkok. And do you regard Jarvis as a part of the furniture? If so, he hopes you find him comfortable. Birthdays: Lux Interior, Leonard Rossiter (his daughter considers Rigsby), Julian Cope (on his bad eyesight), Georg Solti (on peace), Steve Cropper, Rose McDowall, Peter Mandelson (is politics like showbusiness?) and Matthew Friedberger.
One Way Streets - Jack the Ripper
Simon and Garfunkel - 99 Miles from LA
Darren Hayman - London Fields Lido
Rachel Zeffira - Deserter
The Teardrop Explodes - Tiny Children
Tom Lehrer - The Old Dope Peddler
Gluck - Orfeo ed Euridice (Sir Georg Solti conducts the ROH Chorus and Orchestra)
Booker T and the MGs - Michelle
Paul Jones - I've Been a Bad, Bad Boy
Caetano Veloso - Irene
Art Garfunkel - Waters of March
Art Garfunkel - Barbara Allen
Simon and Garfunkel - For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
Strawberry Switchblade - Trees and Flowers
The Enchanters - Cafe Bohemia
Sam Space and the Cadets - Take Me to Your Leader Cha Cha Cha
Archie Bleyer - Hernando's Hideaway
Vic Mizzy - The Addams Family Theme
The Spark Plugs - Chicken
The Frantics - The Whip
Gallon Drunk - Look At That Woman
Pete Atkin - Beware of the Beautiful Stranger
Liars - The Exact Colour of Doubt
The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away
I Am Kloot - Hold Back the Night
Beth Orton - Mystery
Billy Strange - 007
The Swamprats - Louie Louie
Grady O'Neals and The Bellatones - Turkeyneck Stretch
Simon and Garfunkel - 99 Miles from LA
Darren Hayman - London Fields Lido
Rachel Zeffira - Deserter
The Teardrop Explodes - Tiny Children
Tom Lehrer - The Old Dope Peddler
Gluck - Orfeo ed Euridice (Sir Georg Solti conducts the ROH Chorus and Orchestra)
Booker T and the MGs - Michelle
Paul Jones - I've Been a Bad, Bad Boy
Caetano Veloso - Irene
Art Garfunkel - Waters of March
Art Garfunkel - Barbara Allen
Simon and Garfunkel - For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her
Strawberry Switchblade - Trees and Flowers
The Enchanters - Cafe Bohemia
Sam Space and the Cadets - Take Me to Your Leader Cha Cha Cha
Archie Bleyer - Hernando's Hideaway
Vic Mizzy - The Addams Family Theme
The Spark Plugs - Chicken
The Frantics - The Whip
Gallon Drunk - Look At That Woman
Pete Atkin - Beware of the Beautiful Stranger
Liars - The Exact Colour of Doubt
The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away
I Am Kloot - Hold Back the Night
Beth Orton - Mystery
Billy Strange - 007
The Swamprats - Louie Louie
Grady O'Neals and The Bellatones - Turkeyneck Stretch
