A Look Back at Leonard


2016-11-13: A special tribute to the late Leonard Cohen. Jarvis admires the depth and range of his songwriting talent, and listeners share how his music touched their lives. There are also excerpts from a live interview Jarvis conducted with Cohen in 2012, and a reading from his novel The Favourite Game. In memory of the events in Paris one year ago, there's another chance to hear Paris I Love You and Jarvis reads from You Will Not Have My Hate, a memoir by Antoine Leiris, whose wife was killed at the Bataclan theatre. Plus: be gentle with each other, as today is World Kindness Day.

Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - Dig Myself a Hole 
Leonard Cohen - Master Song 
Ballaké Sissoko and Vincent Ségal - Musique de Nuit 
Jarvis Cocker and Serafina Steer - Paris I Love You (Friday 13th 2015) 
Spiritualized - I Think I'm in Love [full 8min version

Nick Cave - I'm Your Man (live) 
Leonard Cohen - Death of a Ladies' Man 
[Jarvis reads an extract from The Favourite Game
Pat Boone - My Baby Left Me 
[Excerpts from Leonard Cohen interview]  
Leonard Cohen - Memories 
Judy Collins - Suzanne 
Leonard Cohen - Improvisation 
Leonard Cohen - Bird on a Wire (Top Gear session) 
John Cale - Hallelujah 
Leonard Cohen - The Darkness 
Mikis Theodorakis - Zorba's Dance 

Santana - Black Magic Woman 
Leonard Cohen - The Partisan 
Marianne Faithfull - Paris Bells (live at Saturday Club 19.07.65) 
Leonard Cohen - So Long, Marianne 
Honey Hahs - Forever