Bard of Salford John Cooper Clarke sits in, playing stacks of his treasured vinyl. He talks about how many of Britain's run down holiday resorts have been revived by the pink pound, and shares a valuable Northern soul track which he bought in Poundland. He muses on how some accessories make you behave in certain ways: walking sticks and pipes magically make you act like an old duffer. He enthuses about the snarling guitar sound of Link Wray, who stabbed his amp with a bowie knife to get the right effect. He recites a jingle he wrote for a Martini commercial, Home Honey, I'm High. Lou Rawls tells a story about a not-so-sharp hustler. And John thinks about the appeal of pirates and his love of nautically themed parties.
The Young Rascals - Groovin'
James Brown and The Famous Flames - Please, Please, Please
The Ramones - I Don't Wanna Go Down in the Basement
The Fall - Lost in Music
Hobo Chang (lyrics by John Cooper Clarke) - A Heart Disease Called Love
Martin Newell - St Overdose-on-Sea
Chet Baker - The Song Is You
Frank Wilson - Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)
Mink DeVille - Spanish Stroll
Bo Diddley - Hey Good Lookin'
Elton Motello - Jet Boy Jet Girl
The Clarendonians - Baby You Don't Do It
Robert Gordon with Link Wray - It's in the Bottle
The Staple Singers - Hammer and Nails
Hank Levine and Orchestra - Image, Pt 1
John recites his jingle 'Home Honey, I'm High'
Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Powderfinger
Bob Seger - Get Out of Denver
The Merseys - Sorrow
Dawn Penn - You Don't Love Me (No, No, No)
Lou Rawls - Street Corner Hustler's Blues / World of Trouble
Willie Nelson - Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground
David Johansen - Frenchette
Adam and The Ants - Ant Music
Jane Morgan - The Day the Rains Came
Louis Prima - Angelina/Zooma Zooma (Medley)
Garnet Mimms - A Quiet Place
Alan Vega - Video Babe
Bunny Berigan - I Can't Get Started
Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Big Eyed Beans from Venus
