As tonight is the Academy Awards, Jarvis describes the Oscar statuette: more facts about it appear throughout the show. This Day in history was significant for road signalling, so the Monty Python team drone mournfully about traffic lights. Jarvis talks to record expert Jonny Trunk about Oscar-winning music, and we hear tracks from Dumbo, The Elephant Man, Doctor Zhivago, The Sterile Cuckoo, The Sting and The Artist. Marking Johnny Cash's 80th birthday, there's a megamix tribute. In the inaugural 'settee theatre', Raina Lampkins-Fielder and Jarvis act out the story In Reference to Your Recent Communications by Tessa Brown, about a love affair which has deteriorated rather alarmingly. Birthdays: Bob Hite, Sandie Shaw (Morrissey praises her), Levi Strauss, Michel Houellebecq, Johnny Cash, Fats Domino and Erykah Badu.
Lb (Lassigue Benthaus) — Angie
Wire — French Film Blurred
Canned Heat — Going Up the Country
Monty Python — Traffic Lights
Sandie Shaw — You've Not Changed
Jackie DeShannon — Take Me Away
Tom Jones — Jezebel
Bob Dylan — Moonshiner
David Dundas — Jeans On
OST Dumbo — Pink Elephants On Parade
OST The Elephant Man - Main Theme
Balsara and His Singing Sitars — Lara's Theme
The Sandpipers — Come Saturday Morning
OST The Sting — Solace
OST The Artist — George Velentin
Michel Houellbecq — Celabitaires
Johnny Cash — Saturday Night in Hickman County
Johnny Cash and June Carter — The Pine Tree
Johnny Cash — I See a Darkness
Fats Domino — Fat Man
Erykah Badu — Telephone
& — I Thought I Was Alone
Johnny Cash — Ride This Train
Lb (Lassigue Benthaus) — Angie
Wire — French Film Blurred
Canned Heat — Going Up the Country
Monty Python — Traffic Lights
Sandie Shaw — You've Not Changed
Jackie DeShannon — Take Me Away
Tom Jones — Jezebel
Bob Dylan — Moonshiner
David Dundas — Jeans On
OST Dumbo — Pink Elephants On Parade
OST The Elephant Man - Main Theme
Balsara and His Singing Sitars — Lara's Theme
The Sandpipers — Come Saturday Morning
OST The Sting — Solace
OST The Artist — George Velentin
Michel Houellbecq — Celabitaires
Johnny Cash — Saturday Night in Hickman County
Johnny Cash and June Carter — The Pine Tree
Johnny Cash — I See a Darkness
Fats Domino — Fat Man
Erykah Badu — Telephone
& — I Thought I Was Alone
Johnny Cash — Ride This Train
