Wedding Songs


Baudelaire's poem The Albatross opens the show on this dreary storm-lashed Sunday. Jarvis attended a wedding last night, so listeners are asked to suggest the best and worst songs to play at a wedding disco. He also saw Terry Riley performing in New York alongside the psychedelic Joshua Light Show liquid loops: click here to recreate that experience. Today is Celebrate Bisexuality Day. Jarvis aims to familiarise himself with some of the Mercury Prize nominees. On This Day in 1846, the planet Neptune was discovered. The Peel D is for Dick Dale, who says John Peel was a true gentleman. We hear what CBGB OMFUG stood for; and Jarvis reads John Hegley's meditation on 'in it' vs 'innit'. Birthdays: Euripides, Kublai Khan, Floella Benjamin (on the joy of singing), Karl Pilkington (glum about his birthday), Cherie Blair, Tim Rose, Hilly Kristal, Bruce Springsteen, Ray Charles and Wally Whyton.

Lee Ronaldo Band and J Mascis - Albatross
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes for You
Yvonne Fair - It Should Have Been Me
David Bowie - Be My Wife
Suicide - Cheree
Ramones - Baby I Love You
The Shirelles - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Tim Rose - I Know These Two People
Tim Rose - American Son
Alt-J - Interlude I, II and III
Sam Lee - Goodbye My Darling
[unknown] - Neptune, The Mystic (Holst)
Scout Niblett - Kidnapped By Neptune
The Makers - Don't Challenge Me
T Zchien and The Johnny - Let Your Life Be Free
Dick Dale - Del-Tone Rock
Dick Dale and His Del-Tones - Let's Go Trippin' 
Ralph Stanley - White Light / White Heat
Dennis Waterman - I Could Be So Good for You
Talking Heads - Life During Wartime
Bruce Springsteen - State Trooper
Bruce Springsteen - Shenandoah 
Ray Charles - Worried Mind
Wally Whyton - Leave Them a Flower
Adam Sandler - Somebody Kill Me
The Velvet Underground - I'm Sticking with You